top of page

Transferring from another school to A F International

Any student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and its territories will be considered an international student.


If you are transferring from another U.S. institution, please feel free to contact us at 213.381.6707 as soon as you decide to study at A F International School of Languages Inc. in Westlake Village.


International student applicants must complete the following steps to have their SEVIS record transferred to A F International:


  • Submit the On-line Application for Admission and the Financial Certification.


  • Fill out Section 1 of the Transfer Form and give it to the international student advisor at your current school to complete.

You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire course of study. If you have your own funds, submit the original most recent bank statement. If you will be financially supported by someone else, submit the Financial Certification from a bank, parent, guardian, sponsor, or government agency and their original most recent bank statement.


  • Make sure that the Financial Certification lists the supporting funds that cover your tuition, cost of living, and at least $800/session for each dependent who is listed on the I-20.


  • Check the Document Checklist

We will notify you when your new I-20 from A F International is ready. With questions about your status, please contact us at +1 213.381.6707.

Reasons why students transfer to AFI

"Classes are SMALL and I learn to speak English FAST!!!!"

"I scored high on my TOEFL!"

"Great teachers!"

"Nice and comfy classrooms  . . . and Westlake Village is beautiful!"

""We make friends with people from all over the world."

"Lots of things to do after class."

"I love AFINT!"!


bottom of page